Sachin Tendulkar 50th Birthday: The ‘Master-Blaster’ of World Cricket has turned 50 today & the entire Cricket Fraternity & fans have poured wishes for Sachin Tendulkar to make this occasion special for him. Sachin Tendulkar who is preached as the ‘God of Cricket’ is the pioneer of the Indian Cricket team and has been regarded as one of the best Cricketers of all time. Sachin has always made India proud globally by achieving unique records & accolades. He has enjoyed a vast career spanning around 24 years & amassed 34,357 runs in his entire career span
In his long 24 years career, Sachin Tendulkar played 664 international cricket matches and scored 34,357 runs. He has featured in 200 tests, 463 ODIs & 96 T20Is which includes one international appearance & 78 IPL appearances. Not only at the International front he has created a mark for himself in IPL by featuring in 78 IPL fixtures & playing for Mumbai Indians. He has amassed 2334 runs at an average of 33.83 strike rate with 13 fifties on his name. For the unversed not only with bat but also with ball Tendulkar has created an impact by scalping 201 wickets for the Indian team. He has scored 46 Test wickets, 154 ODIs & 1 T20I wicket. In total, he has scalped 274 wickets in his entire career span. In domestic format, Sachin Tendulkar has returned with scores of 50,192 runs with 25396 runs in first-class format, 21999 runs in List A format & 2797 runs in T20 format. Sachin has not let cricket die in him as he is still playing in the Road Safety World Series for retired cricketers. This means he can add more runs to his kitty in the T20 format.
Sachin Tendulkar bags some unique & massive records that can’t be achieved by any other player. On the occasion of SachinTendulkar’s 50th Birthday let’s have a look at some of his unique records & achievements:
1) Highest Number of International Centuries:
Tendulkar has never failed to turn the heads around & one such occasion was when he registered the highest number of International Centuries. He achieved the glorious feat when he scored his 49th ODI ton against Bangladesh in 2012 which made him the only cricketer in the history of cricket to reach 100 tons in International Cricket. Out of 100 tons, 51 centuries were scored in Test format.
2) Most Runs in an International format
Sachin Tendulkar holds a plethora of records & one such prestigious record that Sachin enjoys is the record of the highest number of runs in the International format. In a career of more than two decades, he has scored 34357 runs in 782 international innings. He also holds the record of scoring the highest number of runs in Tests & ODIs.
3) Highest Number of International Half-centuries
Sachin Tendulkar has never failed to amuse his fans by achieving unique accolades & records. And one such unique record is scoring the most half-centuries in International Cricket. Along with most International centuries, he has also scored most fifties in World Cricket. He has amassed 164 fifties out of which 96 were scored in the ODI format & 68 in the Test format.
4) Most Player of the Match Awards
No other cricketer in this world other than Sachin Tendulkar has amassed so many records in all formats of Cricket. And the next one on the hit list is the record of most Player of the Match awards. The prolific cricketer has played 600 International fixtures & has received the Player of the Match Award on 76 occasions which is the most in the history of World Cricket. Out of 76 POTM awards, 62 awards were received in ODIs while 14 records were scored in Test format.
5) Most runs in World Cups
Not only in ODIs & Tests but Sachin Tendulkar also holds the record for the highest number of runs in World Cups. He has scored 2278 runs in 45 World fixtures with six tons & 15 half-centuries in his kitty. Tendulkar’s record of six centuries made him the joint most centuries in the history of World Cups.
6) Third-highest individual run-scorer in ODIs
Sachin Tendulkar is the third-highest individual run-scorer in ODIs, he achieved this feat during India’s fixture against South Africa at Gwalior on February 24, 2010. Sehwag & Rohit are the others who are occupying the first & second spots on the list.
7) Highest runs in a calendar year & most tons in a calendar year
Tendulkar has amassed the highest number of runs in a single calendar year i.e. 1,894 runs in the year 1998. He has also amassed the highest number of tons in a calendar year, i.e. 9 in 1998.
8) Highest Number of ODIs played & highest number of Centuries against a Single opponent
Tendulkar is the one who has played the highest number of ODI matches in the history of World Cricket. he has played 463 ODIs & amassed the highest number of centuries against a single opponent i.e. 9 ODI tons against Australia.
9) Joint Highest Run-scorer in Test format
Sachin Tendulkar enjoys a special record along with his friend in the Test format. He has become the joint-fastest cricketer to score 10,000 runs in test format along with Brian Lara. He has also surpassed Lara’s record of 11,953 Test runs to become the highest run-scorer in Test format.
10) Only Player to score 5 tons before turning 20:
Sachin Tendulkar is the only player who has achieved huge records at a tender age. He has amassed 5 Test tons before turning 20 & is the only Indian to score a century in all Test-playing nations.
11) First Indian to receive Wisden Cricketer of the Year
Tendulkar is the first Indian player to receive the Wisden Cricketer of the Year award in 1997. It is the highest honor in Cricket & he is the first batter to receive this accolade in over a decade.
12) First Indian Batter to register ODI Double Ton
Tendulkar was the first Indian Player who scored a double century in ODI format. He achieved this feat when he scored an unbeaten 200 against South Africa in February 2010.
13) 1000+ ODI on 7 occasions in a single calendar & 1000+ runs in Test format on 6 occasions
Sachin Tendulkar has amassed 1000+ ODI runs in seven events i.e. 1994, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2000, 2003 & 2007. And 1000+ runs in a calendar year on 6 occasions i.e. 1997, 1999, 2001, 2002, 2008 and 2010.
14) 2500 runs against a single opponent:
Sachin Tendulkar has achieved the unique feat of scoring 2500 runs against a single opponent. He has achieved this feat against Australia & Sri Lanka which no other batter has managed to achieve.
15) Longest Playing Career in World Cricket
Sachin Tendulkar has enjoyed an illustrious career spanning 24 years right from 1989 to 2013. He has played in 664 fixtures across all formats making him one of the longest-serving cricketers in the history of World Cricket.
Sachin Tendulkar 50th Birthday: Interesting Facts about Master Blaster
1. Less did people know that Master Blaster wanted to become a fast bowler at the age of 14 but it was Dennis Lillie’s MRF Foundation rejected which rejected him in 1987.
2. Sachin Tendulkar’s childhood coach Ramakant Archekar used to gift him coins for not getting out in the nets for a day. This way Sachin has collected 13 coins.
3. Initially before making his debut in 1989 against Pakistan in Test, Sachin Tendulkar served as a ball boy in the 1987 World Cup held at Wankhede Stadium in the fixture between India & Zimbabwe.
4. Tendulkar served as a substitute during an ODI fixture between India & Pakistan held at Brabourne Stadium in 1998.
5. Sachin was the first batter to get dismissed by the third umpire in 1992. It was the Test fixture against South Africa where Sachin was runout & the decision was reviewed.
These are some astounding & unique records achieved by Master Blaster. We wish Sachin Tendulkar a joyous 50th birthday!
Also read, DC Vs SRH Highlights: Delhi Beat Hyderabad In A Low-Scoring Thriller