Fans are not happy with the kind of performance the Indian team has produced during their recent outing in the WTC 2023 Final. And they are blaming IPL 2023 for India’s poor show in the ongoing WTC 2023 Final. After conceding huge runs in the first innings, India’s batter failed to match the Australian pacer’s line & length & thereby went on to lose five wickets for just 151 runs. With still 119 runs to go to avoid the follow-on, India is staring down the barrel.
After watching India’s below the par performance, fans feel that IPL is the reason for players poor show. Netizens slammed BCCI & India for not showing any competitiveness on the field & just playing the fixture. Fans also feel that due to the long duration of IPL, players are fatigued & without getting appropriate rest they had to enter Test mode.
Why People think that IPL is the prime reason for India’s Poor Performance n WTC Final
- India got no time to adapt to England’s conditions.
- Rohit Sharma & Co didn’t play any practice fixtures with the game ending on May 29.
- With just intra-squad fixtures being hosted players failed to adjust to the Test mode quickly.
- Former India pacer Irfan Pathan has questioned the pacer’s line & lengths in adjusting to IPL’s four overs & then accimilitating to the Test mode.
- As compared to India Australian players were fresh & came on the pitch with full intensity.
Talking about the Indian team’s form they are currently placed at 151-5 at the end of Day 2. Only Rahane & Bharat are there on the crease to steady India’s submerging innings. If one more wicket falls then Australia would easily beta India on Day 4 itself. Now it’s the duty of India’s lower order to continue their onslaught & help India to avoid a follow-on as losing wickets will clearly mean that Australia over-powering India right on the fourth day of the WTC 2023 Final. Whether the lower order would lay a fightback or will succumb in front of Australia’s attack is what will be known as the day progresses.